Tis’ the season to be Basic. Give me all the pumpkin. PSL, pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, and my newest love…pumpkin muffins!
There is something about cooking with pumpkin in October; the leaves are changing, booties season is upon us, and the Halloween decorations fill our neighborhoods.
If you’re following me in Instagram, you know I am doing Faster Way to Fat Loss (more coming about this amazing program soon!). With two small kids and minimal time to prepare meals, anything that is healthy, easy, and falls within my macro count is key!
I searched some festive recipes on Pinterest and made it my own based off of my taste and dietary restrictions. I am currently following a grain and dairy free diet so I had to make some adjustments to the recipe but feel free to make changes as needed.
The best thing about these muffins is that the batter is made entirely in a blender, so Paisley and Jack were able to be my sous chefs! Aside from overflowing oats and a a few tantrums when I wouldn’t let them eat the batter raw, I’d say it was a family recipe success!
I also let Paisley handle the greasing of the tray…she made sure every inch was covered.
Approx: Calories-116: Fat-2.7 G Protein- 2.9 G Carbs- 20.3 G
Healthy Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp of almond butter (any nut butter will work)
- 1-2 dates (I bought the pitted and chopped ones for convenience)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (again-any milk you prefer will work)
- 2 1/2 cups of oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 12 muffin tray
- Place all ingredients in blender in order listed (wet ingredients first, then dry). Leave out chocolate chips until the end.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and thick consistency
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter in muffin tray and bake 12-15 minutes and let cool for 10 mins
The kids and myself have loved these as a morning snacks!